By Mark L. Urken et al.
Discover a progressive method of reconstructive surgical procedure! Now in its moment variation, The Atlas of neighborhood and unfastened Flaps for Head and Neck Reconstruction can provide transparent, seriously illustrated insurance of nearby dermis, muscle, and musculocutaneous flaps in addition to donor websites from far away areas of the physique the place vascularized epidermis, muscle, bone, and nerves will be harvested and transferred to the pinnacle and neck.
The Atlas will end up helpful details to otolaryngologists, plastic surgeons, and basic surgeons, who use either neighborhood and loose flaps to reconstruct harm to the top and neck as a result of melanoma and trauma. This Atlas offers the general practitioner with suggestions for learning diversified donor websites had to locate suggestions to nearly each reconstruction challenge. It offers targeted descriptions of the anatomy and harvesting innovations of the foremost local and free-flap donor websites at present hired in head and neck reconstruction.
The in-depth insurance that readers trust…
• Clinically unique full-color line drawings emphasize right harvesting method for all flaps.
• complete procedural discussions deal with suitable anatomy, flap layout and usage, anatomic diversifications, preoperative and postoperative care, advice for keeping off strength pitfalls, and harvesting innovations for every donor site.
• Use of unpolluted cadaver dissections offers the main sensible portrayal of step by step element that provides the resident and attending health care professional an intensive realizing of every donor site.
Plus a wealth of positive factors NEW to the second one Edition…
• New chapters tackle the submental flap, ulnar forearm flap, anterolateral thigh flap, paramedian brow flap, cervicofacial development flap, and perforator flaps.
• New content material on skin-flap harvesting contains: addition of the coronoid harvest technique to the temporalis bankruptcy; addition of the osteocutaneous radial forearm flap to the radial forearm flap bankruptcy; addition of scalp harvest to the bankruptcy at the temporoparietal fascial flap; addition of scapular tip harvest to be used in palatomaxillary reconstruction; and addition of harvest of the IMA and IMV recipient vessels and harvest of the TAC approach of vessels to the recipient vessel chapter.
• New demonstrations of flap insetting and layout for a few reconstructions
Read or Download Atlas of Regional and Free Flaps for Head and Neck Reconstruction: Flap Harvest and Insetting PDF
Similar surgery books
The 7th variation of the acclaimed textual content Operative Pediatric surgical procedure maintains to supply a special point of entire element at the complete diversity of surgically treatable stipulations provided in neonate and formative years in addition to in utero. With a world checklist of authors, the chapters were up to date and complemented through the fine quality art that has validated this operative advisor because the usual reference for the pediatric medical professional.
Complementary remedies can gain many of us with disabilities. this article supplies disabled humans, and people who take care of them, the knowledge required to make educated judgements approximately their healthiness and health and wellbeing care. incapacity is outlined widely, to incorporate stipulations inflicting long term actual disabilities and in all likelihood disabling stipulations reminiscent of a number of sclerosis, stroke or arthritis.
Step by step, full-color methods and tactical directions on new minimally invasive proceduresMagnificently illustrated with transparent depictions of key anatomic relationships, this new surgical atlas covers all minimally invasive belly systems in addition to mixed endoluminal and endocavitary operations.
- Botox: A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Phlebology, Vein Surgery and Ultrasonography: Diagnosis and Management of Venous Disease
- Burn Care (Vademecum)
- Medical Complications of Kidney Transplantation
- Cardiac Transplantation: A Manual for Health Care Professionals
Additional resources for Atlas of Regional and Free Flaps for Head and Neck Reconstruction: Flap Harvest and Insetting
IkutaY, Kubo T, Tsuge K: Free muscle transplantation by microsurgical technique to treat severe Volkmann's contracture. r Surg 1976;58:407. 28. Johnson M, Langdon J: Is skin necessary for intraoral reconstruction with myocutaneous flaps? Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 1990;28:299-301. 29. Katsantonis G: Neurotization of pectoralis major myocutaneous flap by the hypoglossal nerve in tongue reconstruction: clinical and experimental observations. Laryngoscope 1988;98:1313. 30. Lam K, Wei W. Sui K: The pectoralis major costomyocutaneous flap for mandibular reconstruction.
Bunkis J, Mulliken J, Upton J, Murray J: The evolution of tec:bniquct1 for reconstruction of full thickness cheek d~cts. Plan Recmutr SJ1Tg 1982;70:319. 15. Conley J, Parke R: Pectoralis myocutaneou& flap for chin augmentation. Orolmyngol Head Nede Surg 1981;89:1045. 16. Conley J, Sac:hs M, Parke R: The new tongue. Otolaryngol Head Nldt Surg 1982;90:58. 17. Cuono C, Ariyan S: Immediate rec:onstruction of a composite mandibular defect with a regional osteomusc:uloc:u~cow; flap. Plast lUetmstr Surg 1980;65:477.
REFERENCES 1. Ariym S:The pectoralis major myocutaneous flap. Aversatile flap for rec:onatruction in the head and nec:k. Plast &consw Svrg 1979;63:73. 2. Ariym S, Cuono C: Use of the pectoralis major myocutaneow flap for rec:oostruction of large cervical facial or cranial defects. Am J Surg 1980; 140:503. 3. Aviv J, Urkcn ML, LawsonW. Biller HF:The superior trapezius myoc:utaneow tlap in head and nec:k reconstruction. Arch OrolaryrlfOI Head Nede Surg 1992; 118:702. 4. Baek S, Biller HF, Krespi Y, Lawson W: The pectoralis major myoc:utaneow island flap for reconstruction of the head and neck.
Atlas of Regional and Free Flaps for Head and Neck Reconstruction: Flap Harvest and Insetting by Mark L. Urken et al.